The Westarp Ökopark Aschaffenburg is a facility for the storage, handling and treatment of waste in accordance with § 4 of the Federal Immission Control Act. The focus here is on the development of environmentally friendly disposal concepts; in particular the preparation, processing and trading of raw materials such as iron and non-ferrous metals, electrical waste, wood as well as soil and building rubble, paper and plastics. For us, this means operating a raw material extraction plant under ecological aspects:
• Avoidance of waste water.
• Use of renewable raw materials and other renewable energies for own heating and other energy recovery.
• Prevention and reduction of emissions - Conservation of natural resources.
• Minimisation of road transport by shifting to rail and inland waterways.
• Corporate management under the maxims of sustainability and positive ecological balance.
Use of fallow water facilities, especially for washing and dust reduction measures. Creation and maintenance of nesting sites for peregrine falcons, jackdaws, swifts, as well as refuges for bats.